Old Version of Wireshark 1.4.3 (x64)
Legacy OS support
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP x64
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows 7 x64
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003 x64
- 128MB RAM system memory
- 75MB available disk spac
- 800*600 (1280*1024 or higher recommended) resolution with at least 65536 (16bit) colors
- FRAsse discovered that the MAC-LTE dissector could overflow a buffer. (Bug 5530)
Wireshark, the new name for Ethereal, is a protocol analyzer, or packet sniffer application, used for network troubleshooting, analysis, software and protocol development, and education. It has all of the standard features of a protocol analyzer. It allows the user to see all traffic being passed over the network (usually an Ethernet network but support is being added for others) by putting the network card into promiscuous mode.
Wireshark is software that understands the structure of different network protocols. Thus it's able to display encapsulation and single fields and interpret their meaning. Wireshark uses Pcap to capture packets, so it can only capture on networks supported by Pcap.
Wireshark (Ethereal) Features
- Data can be captured from the wire from a live network connection or read from a capture file.
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode tshark program.
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list, which eases analysis
Updates : Wireshark Updates
Did You Know?
Wireshark 1.2.8 (stable) has been released. Installers for Windows, Mac OS X 10.5.5 and above (Intel and PPC), and source code is now available.