Adobe Audition (formerly Cool Edit Pro) is a digital audio editor computer program from Adobe Systems featuring both a multitrack, non-destructive mix/edit environment and a destructive-approach waveform editing view that has been referred to as the "Swiss army knife" of digital audio. Originally, Cool Edit was a shareware program with some crippleware features. Adobe purchased the latest, non-shareware version (Cool Edit Pro 2.0) from Syntrillium Software in May 2003 including the ability to record and mix unlimited tracks (up to the capabilities of your PC) and a large loop library called "Loopology". They renamed it Adobe Audition and released it on August 18.
- Create multitrack mixes with unlimited stereo tracks
- Multichannel encoder to produce high-quality 5.1 surround sound
- Remove audio flaws with easy-to-use effects.
- Accepts third-party DX and VST plugins.
- Supported audio CD burning.