Version History of Adobe Reader X 10.0.0
View and comment on any PDF document more securely
- Take advantage of the security of Protected Mode in Reader, which helps safeguard your computer software and data from malicious code.
Enhanced commenting tools
- Make notes and share your feedback with others by marking up PDF documents using the Sticky Notes and Highlighter tools.
Simplified user interface
- View information more precisely and efficiently. Choose reading mode to fit more content on the screen or two-up mode to view page spreads. Use keyboard shortcuts like print, zoom, and find within the browser.
Comprehensive file searching
- Find and retrieve any PDF document or phrase within a document in seconds. Search for words in page content, annotations, bookmarks, form fields, or document metadata within any PDF file on a local computer.
Interact with forms and rich media
Interact with rich PDF files, including PDF Portfolios, CAD files, and multimedia content. Complete, save, and send Reader enabled forms.
Opening PDF Portfolios
- Open and view contents of a PDF Portfolio, a collection of PDF documents, and other document types, including drawings, email messages, spreadsheets, and videos.
Electronic form submission
- Fill, save, sign, and electronically submit forms that have been Reader enabled by Adobe LiveCycle® ES2 or Adobe Acrobat® software.
Flash technology support
- Enable a new level of end-user interaction thanks to the ability of Reader to natively display rich media content created with Adobe Flash® technology.
CAD and geospatial functionality
- Reader users can access and interact with CAD designs and geospatial maps that have been converted to PDF.
Easily access PDF documents
- Feel confident that you can open and view any PDF file, regardless of which operating system you are running. Integrate with screen readers and other assistive technologies. Use online services at Acrobat.com to create, share, and store all kinds of PDF files
Access to all PDF files
- View and interact with PDF files that contain a wide variety of content types, including drawings, email messages, spreadsheets, videos, and other multimedia elements.
- Deliver a reliable experience across operating systems. Reader supports a wide variety of operating systems, including Windows® and Mac OS, so extended teams can share documents across platforms.
- Directly access online services at Acrobat.comfrom within Reader X. Perform common tasks such as creating PDF files, securely sharing and storing documents, and screen-sharing.
Take advantage of support for the new ISO Standard 32000 for PDF. Also, Reader continues to support PDF/A, the ISO-approved standard for the long-term preservation of electronic documents; PDF/X (printing); PDF/H; PDF/E (engineering); XMP/RDF; and ODBC.
- Let Reader X read out loud, or change the reading order of columns. Reader meets the accessibility requirements mandated by Section 508 of the amended U.S. Rehabilitation Act.
Multilingual User Interface
- Install French, German, and Spanish simultaneously, and then switch among them using the Adobe Multilingual User Interface (MUI). The user interface also changes to the appropriate language on-the-fly.