Version History of Firefox 0.8Here are the news in this release of Firefox:
- Windows Installer Firefox now comes with an installer for Windows. Aside from making the installation process smoother, the installer also solves some common plug-in problems.
- Download Manager The new streamlined download manager keeps your downloads organized without getting in your way. Select Tools > Downloads or press trl+E> to see it or change its behavior.
- New Add Bookmark Dialog The Add Bookmark dialog has been enhanced and now allows the creation of new bookmark folders.
- Work Offline It\'s now possible to view Web pages you\'ve previously visited without being connected to the Internet.
- Better Handling of File Types Binary files (e.g. .wma and .rar files) served by servers incorrectly sending text/plain should no longer be displayed as garbage in the browser, rather they should be appropriately handled.
- New XPInstall Frontend The dialog that appears when installing themes and extensions has been redesigned and is easier to use.
- New default theme for Mac OS X The Pinstripe theme integrates better on Mac OS X than the Qute theme, used on Windows and Linux.
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements Disabling of form auto-completion is now working, the address bar now remembers the edited text across tab switching, among many other bug fixes.