Old Version of FrostWire 4.20.3
Legacy OS support
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Java 1.5 or later
- An active internet connection
- 128 MB of RAM (256 MB Recommended)
- Fixes a bug where files couldn't be dragged out of the Library.
- Fixes a bug where opening a magnet link would freeze the UI while it was being fetched in the DHT.
- Fixes a bug where magnet links that were dropped on FrostWire…
FrostWire is an open-source peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing program. It uses the Gnutella network and is heavily based on the better-known LimeWire program. It also recently included BitTorrent support.
The project was started in September 2005 by members of the LimeWire open-source community, after LimeWires distributor considered placing blocking code which it was developing in response to RIAA pressure and the threat of legal action in light of the U.S. Supreme Courts decision in MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster, Ltd. When eventually activated, the code could block its users from sharing unlicensed files. FrostWire was first released in October 2005.
- No content filters
- FREE peer-to-peer application.
- No commercial nags.
- Included BitTorrent support
- Just pure choice, provided to you at no cost.
Updates : FrostWire Updates
Did You Know?
FrostWire comes bundled with the ASK toolbar, but you can opt out of that during the installation process.