Old Version of Netscape 4.72
- Mac OS 7.6
- Mac OS 8.0
- Mac OS 8.1
- Mac OS 8.5
- Mac OS 8.5.1
- Mac OS 8.6
- Mac OS 9.0
- Mac OS 9.0.2
- Mac OS 9.0.3
- Mac OS 9.0.4
- Mac OS 9.1
- Mac OS 9.2
- Mac OS 9.2.1
- Mac OS 9.2.2
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (PowerPC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (PowerPC)
- Change log not available
Screenshots are not available for this software
Netscape Navigator was developed by the team who had created the Mosaic web browser at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications. The company they created was initially named "Mosaic Communications Corporation" and their web browser "Mosaic Netscape ", but a legal challenge from NCSA over the rights to the name resulted in the company and the product being renamed. The name "Netscape " was invented by sales representative Greg Sands.
- Quickly view the status of security protection provided by the Netscape Browser. The browser will automatically let you know when there is a problem.
- The Netscape Browser provides real time Spyware scanning when you download files from the web. You may also run memory and disk scans for Spyware protection and prevention.
- The Netscape Browser takes the mystery out of Real Simple Syndication (RSS) and allows you to read and manage RSS feeds without the need of a separate news reader application.
- Create more than one profile to keep your bookmarks and passcards safe from other users. If you have a family, create a profile for your children and make use of the parental controls feature.
- Tabbed browsing lets you have multiple web pages open in one window. This feature is great for organizing and freeing up desktop space because it files your web pages in a series of tabs.
- The new Netscape Browser gives you more ways to make your browser secure.
- MultiBars let you customize up to ten different browser toolbars you can access with a single click.
- The Netscape Browser makes remembering your site passwords and filling out information forms on site simple.
- With Live Content you have one-click access to information important to you.
Updates : Netscape for Mac Updates