Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT 4.0,
10 February, 2006 (15 years ago )
BearShare is a popular Gnutella-based file sharing application originally created by Free Peers, Inc.. It runs under Microsoft Windows and comes in several versions, including an advertising supported version, a paid Pro version with no advertisements, and a Lite (stripped down) free version. The advertising-supported version has been criticised in the past for bundling spyware applications as a revenue stream.
- View other users' profiles, photos and music library.
- Leave comments about your friends and favorite artists.
- Supports hundreds of MP3 players.
- Send messages and instant messages to other users, while listening together to the same music.
- Highly customizable interface